Wassermühle Harrienstedt
The “Woatermöhln” was first mentioned in writing as early as 1583. The current building dates from the early 19th century. After commercial operations ceased in 1957, the municipality of Raddestorf acquired the buildings and the surrounding grounds—including six hectares of alder swamp forest and reservoirs—in 1988.
With public funding, the watermill was restored. Today, it is maintained by members of the “Woatermöhln” local history association and is open to the public on milling and baking days, as well as as part of the Westphalian Mill Route. The local heritage association holds regular demonstration and baking days during the summer months. The outdoor grounds are open to the public at all times.
Couples can get married at the Harrienstedt Watermill. After the ceremony, the surrounding grounds—with their reservoirs and alder swamp forest—can be used for receptions and wedding photos. For more information: Uchte Registry Office, Tel. 05763 / 18348.
Good to know
Openings
- Only exterior viewing possible.
Payment methods
- free of charge
Author
Mittelweser-Touristik GmbH
Lange Straße 1831582 Nienburg/WeserOrganization
Mittelweser-Touristik GmbH
License (master data)
Mittelweser-Touristik GmbH






